Obtaining verification on Snapchat is no easy task. You must reach a level of notoriety that not many can achieve. That comes with having many followers and very engaging posts. So, how do you get verified on Snapchat?
While it’s a long road to earn notoriety on Snapchat, it’s still possible. In this article, we will discuss the steps you have to take to get verified on Snapchat. We will also provide you with a guide when you eventually apply for verification.
The perks of being verified on Snapchat
As you might already expect, being verified on Snapchat comes with a few perks. Most of the people verified on Snapchat are celebrities and high-profile influencers. Essentially, verification is a way for Snapchat, and other online platforms, to establish certain accounts as authentic. This allows users to distinguish between fake accounts and ones owned by the actual high-profile person. Once a person verifies their account, no one else can claim their account name either.
Another perk of owning a verified account is exposure. Posts from verified accounts usually get featured on Snapchat’s official stories page, earning them even more exposure.
Additionally, verified accounts allow you to access them on multiple devices simultaneously. Standard accounts will automatically log you off from one device if you sign into another. DJ Khalid, who was awarded the Snapchatter of the Year award in 2016 at the Shorty Awards, has used his account on multiple devices before. On numerous occasions, he’s uploaded images to Snapchat while walking on a red carpet while his promotional crew also posted shots of him.
Tips to help you get verified on Snapchat
While you may not have the same notoriety as DJ Khalid, you still can build your following up enough to earn Snapchat’s coveted verified gold star.
According to Snapchat, you need to have at least 50,000 views on your stories to get verified. This no easy feat, but we know you can do it with the right approach. Here are a few steps you need to take to grow your following on Snapchat and work your way to verification.
Regularly post engaging content
To receive verification on Snapchat, you need to grow your follower count and engagement. The best way to do this is to regularly create and post quality, appealing content. Over time, you will get more and more eyeballs on your content. Eventually, it might catch Snapchat’s attention and increase your chances of getting verified when you apply.
Share your content
To grow your following even more, share your content in places where people interested in your type of content will see it. This includes sharing to all your social media accounts and related Reddit communities.
Collaborating with other Snapchatters with bigger communities is a great way to grow your audience. If you have a few people in mind, reach out and ask if they are up to collaborating with you. While you promote them to your audience, they will promote you to theirs.
How to apply for verification on Snapchat
Typically, Snapchat will give verification to high-profile people when they sign up. However, there is a way for you to request Snapchat for verification. Here’s are the steps you need to take.
- Launch the Snapchat app and log in with the account you want to verify.
- Tap on your Bitmoji avatar in the top left corner of the app. Snapchat will bring you to your profile.
- Go to ‘Settings’ by tapping the gear icon in the top right corner of your profile.
- Scroll down to ‘I Need Help’ under ‘Support’ and go to ‘Contact Us.’ From the list of issues, select ‘My Snapchat isn’t working.
- Scroll down to the last option and tap ‘Other.’ Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Snapchat will ask if you need help with something else.
- Tap ‘Yes’ and then select “My issue is not listed.’ This will bring up a form to fill out. Fill in your username and other information on the form. In the last box, Snapchat will ask you to describe your problem. It would be best to convince Snapchat that fake accounts are popping up with your name and your followers are finding it challenging to recognize which one is yours.
- The form also has an option to upload an attachment. Use this option to upload some form of identification yourself. This helps Snapchat know it’s dealing with the right person and not an impostor.
- Now go ahead and send the form out. It takes about 4 to 5 days for Snapchat to get back to you. You will receive an email from Snapchat letting you know if your account will be verified or not.
What if you get denied?
If Snapchat denies you, you can re-apply down the line. Make sure to spend some time working and improving your content and regularity of posts.
You can do it!
Getting verified on Snapchat can be a challenge. It takes a large following and constant engagement. However, if you make content that excites and is accessible to your target audience, you will grow your following. Eventually, Snapchat may notice and grant your account with its own golden star.
Image courtesy: Snapchat