In a nutshell
- Converting YouTube videos to TikTok format is easier with specialized tools and editors that offer features like drag-and-drop editing, templates and AI assistance.
- Pricing for these tools ranges from free versions with basic features and limitations to premium plans offering more customization and no watermarks.
- Many of these platforms also offer free video resizing tools specifically designed for optimizing TikTok videos.
Switching your video content from YouTube to TikTok? It can be a bit tricky, considering both platforms follow different formatting requirements, not to mention the different lengths and editing styles. Luckily, there are tools designed to help you convert your YouTube videos into TikTok-friendly content. In this article, we’ll dive into some top software options that make the process as painless as possible.
YouTube to TikTok editors for the job
So, how do you make the switch? Here’s a rundown of some video editors you can use to turn your YouTube videos into TikToks.
- Website: Adobe Express
- Features: Drag and drop video creation, template library
- Cost: Free basic features; premium adds resizing and more animation control
- Special: Adobe also offers a free video resizing tool for TikTok.
If you’re looking to convert your YouTube videos for TikTok, Adobe Express is a one-stop shop for all your editing needs. This all-in-one editor lets you create TikTok videos using one-click tasks and a library of thousands of professional templates. The free version covers the basics, offering drag-and-drop video creation along with a limited selection of royalty-free Adobe Stock photos and animation presets. But if you want to go the extra mile, the premium version unlocks even more features, like the ability to resize and erase elements in your videos. It also gives you access to a whopping 195+ million royalty-free Adobe Stock Photos and greater control over animations. Plus, Adobe offers a free online video resizing tool designed just for optimizing videos for TikTok, which can be found here.
- Website: Canva
- Features: Easy drag and drop, photo editing
- Cost: Free with limitations; Canva Pro for personalized TikTok templates starts at $12/month
- Special: Canva also has a free video resizing tool for TikTok.
Canca is an online-based graphic design platform that offers a range of features, including drag-and-drop design and photo editing. While it’s free to use with some limitations, paying users can access a more extensive set of features. For those who want a bit more customization in their TikTok videos, Canva Pro comes with personalized TikTok templates. You can add text, animations, stickers and much more for a fee of $12/month for the first user and $6.99/month for each additional user. And for those who just need to get their videos to fit the TikTok video dimensions, Canva offers a free online video resizing tool that can be found here.
- Website: Kapwing
- Features: AI tools, templates, intuitive interface
- Cost: Free with limitations; Pro at $16/month eliminates watermark and extends output size
- Special: Check out Kapwing’s YouTube-to-TikTok conversion tool.
Like Canva, Kapwig is an online video creation program that uses AI tools and templates. With an intuitive interface, it’s a breeze for teams to collaborate on content, give feedback and quickly incorporate brand assets — even if you’re not a video editing pro. The free version comes with some limitations, like a watermark and restricted video output size. If you pay for the Pro version at $16/month, it removes the watermark and lets you produce videos up to two hours long. You can try out its YouTube to TikTok editor here.
- Website: Streamladder
- Features: Convert from Twitch, YouTube, and more
- Cost: Free with 720p output; Silver at $5/month and Gold at $12.50/month for more features
- Special: All paid plans remove watermarks.
If you’re making content for multiple platforms, Streamladder is a great option for you. Designed to convert your video or stream clips into TikTok, Reels or YouTube Shorts, Streamladder offers various pricing options for multiple budgets. The free version doesn’t include a watermark and provides output limited to 720p at 60 fps. For a bit more, the Silver tier costs $5 a month and upgrades your videos to 1080p at 60 fps, and throws in automated captions, stickers, text and more. If you’re churning out videos on the regular, the Gold package at $12.50 at a month could be your best bet. It gives you all the Silver features plus faster rendering times and the ability to process multiple videos at once. Check it out here.
- Website: VEED
- Features: Transitions, filters, automated subtitling
- Cost: Free with watermark; Pro at $30/month for added features
- Special: VEED has an online TikTok video editor tool.
Lastly, VEED offers a full suite of features like transitions, filters and automated subtitling. You can even record directly on the platform. The free version comes with a watermark, but the Pro version at $30 a month removes that and adds an arsenal of extra features like a stock audio/video library and advanced AI editing tools. Need to optimize your video specifically for TikTok? VEED’s got a tool for that, which you can find here.
Time to make some TikToks
Switching your video content from YouTube to TikTok doesn’t have to be a headache. Tools like the ones listed above can help you get your videos TikTok-ready in no time. So go ahead, give these tools a try, and get to posting.